Søk etter emner 2014/2015
Clinical nursing with focus on basic needs
Course Objectives: Expected student competence
The student must:
1. Have knowledge of and understand basic human needs and innate reactions
2. Develop the competence to take action in regards to significant basic practical skills and in preventing complications
3. Show ethical responsibility and act based on recognized ethical guidelines for nursing
4. Take co-responsibility for planning and prioritizing nursing decisions
5. Show an ability to reflect on and analyze a nursing approach to problems
6. Use the knowledge gained from research and experience in analyzing patient\'s needs and the nursing practice
7. Take responsibility for one\'s own learning, and plan and evaluate the individual learning process and learning results
Course Contents: The student has 8 weeks of clinical studies in community health care in nursing homes. The objective is to gain competence in providing care in relation to basic needs, elderly people, people with long-term health problems, and people who need rehabilitation. The student must focus on the patient\'s perception of his own situation and his contribution towards decisions affecting himself. The student must also reflect on how to help the patient to find meaning and experience an acceptable quality of life.
(See the curriculum for Practical/Clinical Studies in Nursing Homes, Basic nursing, 1st year).
Teaching Methods: Integration of theoretical and clinical studies, research-based teaching, obligatory assignments, tutoring and reflection, group processes, and student tutoring. There is also obligatory participation and student independent study.
- Teacher guidance on theoretical studies
- Teacher guidance during clinical studies
- Practical periods of observation
- Written assignments and reflection notes handed in digitally
- Project work
- Verbal presentations
- Peer student feedback -- written, orally, and digitally
- Clinical case study
- Skills training
- Group work
Praktisk informasjon om emnet: -.
Background Knowledge: Previous subjects
Compulsory Work: -
|Comp.||Component Name||Duration||Weight||Supporting Materials|
|1||Praksisstudier i sykehjem, fokus på grunnleggende behov||1/1|
Offered to Students in the Following Programs:
|Bachelor of Nursing, Haugesund Campus|
|Bachelor of Nursing, Stord Campus|
Reduction in Credits:
|Have you already completed one or more of the courses below? If so, the credits you will receive for the course described here, PRAKHB1001, will be reduced by the number of credits shown in the right-hand column. Possible deficencies/mistakes may occur.|
|Course Title||Course Code||Version||Credits|
|Obligatory practical studies||PRAKHB001||1||12|
Contact: (Ta kontakt med studieleder!)
Required Reading (Syllabus): Please consult the syllabus pages in the library section!
The University College retains the right to make changes due to unforeseen events.
Emne-info er fra: 11/27/2014 11:37:37 AM