Studiehåndbokas emner for 2016/2017:
International marketing requires an interaction between firms and people of different nationalities and cultures. Major topics include the role of culture in a global context, international opportunity assessment, foreign market entry, international marketing communication, international distribution channel decisions, and international product development & pricing.
- Has knowledge about external factors, for example, cultural, ethical, political, and economic factors that influence the work in international marketing.
- Can explain concepts and theories on selection of the target market and global market entry strategies.
- Can explain concepts and theories on global product strategies, global communication strategies, global pricing, and global logistics and distribution.
- Has knowledge about sources of secondary data on international markets.
- Has knowledge about usage of terminology in the academic field of international marketing.
The Student :
- Can analyze business cases based on knowledge and theories in international marketing.
- Can critically analyze a firm¿s activities in international marketing.
- Can develop global market entry strategies, global product strategies, global pricing strategies, global communication and distribution strategies.
The Student :
- Has understood theories and models in such a critical and reflected way that she/he understands challenges and dilemmas in international marketing.
- Has acquired an academic competence to participate actively in discussions about issues on international markets.
The teaching will be based on lectures and group work.
Practical information about the course:
Recommended Previous Knowledge:
Marketing introductionary course
Course Examination Description:
A pass is needed in both parts. Duration of portfolio will be specified in the course plan when the semester starts.
|Component Name||Duration||Weight||Supporting Materials|
|Portfolio||40/100||All printed and written study aids may be used|
|Written Exam||4 hours||60/100||Dictionary (bokmål or nynorsk)|
|Have you already completed one or more of the courses below? If so, the credits you will receive for the course described here, ØKB2121, will be reduced by the number of credits shown in the credits column. Possible deficencies/mistakes may occur.|
|Course Title||Course Code||Credits|
|International marketing||ØKB2118 (1)||
|International marketing||ØKB2111 (1)||
|International marketing||ØKB2019 (1)||
|International strategy and marketing||ØKB3127 (1)||
Subject's last update: 02/15/2017 09:42