Studiehåndbokas emner for 2016/2017:
(English)International strategy and marketing
The purpose of this course is to define and analyze the major strategic issues and marketing functions managers must understand to operate effectively in foreign markets. Major topics include the role of culture in a global context, external analysis, internal analysis, entry strategies and collaboration modes, and 4Ps (product, promotion, price, and place) in foreign markets.
- Has knowledge about external factors, for example, industry conditions globally, cultural, ethical, political, legal and regulatory factors, and can explain their influence on firms¿ operations in foreign markets.
- Has knowledge about internal factors, for example, firms¿ competitive resources and capabilities, and examine their implications for firms¿ operations in foreign markets.
- Can explain concepts and theories on alternative entry strategies and collaborative models exist for entering into and operating in foreign markets.
- Can explain concepts and theories on global product strategies, global communication strategies, global pricing, and global logistics and distribution.
- Has knowledge about culture issue and appreciate cultural differences.
The Student :
- Can analyze business cases by using relevant theoretical frameworks.
- Can critically analyze a firm¿s activities in foreign markets.
The Student :
- Has understood theories and models in such a critical and reflected way that she/he understands challenges and dilemmas that managers have in order to operate effectively in foreign markets.
- Has acquired an academic competence to participate actively in discussions about issues on strategic issues and marketing functions in foreign markets.
The teaching will be based on lectures and group work.
Practical information about the course:
Recommended Previous Knowledge:
Introductionary courses in strategy and marketing
Course Examination Description:
A pass is needed in both parts. Duration of portfolio will be specified in the course plan when the semester starts.
|Component Name||Duration||Weight||Supporting Materials|
|Portfolio||40/100||All printed and written study aids may be used|
|Written exam||4 hours||60/100||Bilingual Dictionary (English-Other/Other-English)|
|Have you already completed one or more of the courses below? If so, the credits you will receive for the course described here, ØKB3127, will be reduced by the number of credits shown in the credits column. Possible deficencies/mistakes may occur.|
|Course Title||Course Code||Credits|
|International marketing||ØKB2121 (1)||
|International marketing||ØKB2118 (1)||
|International marketing||ØKB2111 (1)||
|International marketing||ØKB2019 (1)||
Subject's last update: 02/15/2017 09:42