Studiehåndbokas emner for 2016/2017:
The Bachelor Project should include issues related to the maritime field. The project shoul primarily be tied to practical issues or challenges in Shipping Companies, maritime businesses, maritime governmental agencies or ongoing Research and Development projects at the institution.
- Have knowledge that helps the students to study a specific academic issue methodically.
- Have broad knowledge about key issues, theories and academic issues tied to the bachelor project.
- Have broad knowledge about processes, tools and methodology tied to the bachelor project.
- Can develop further and use the knowledge they have acquired forming a practical issue, or challenges within shipping companies, maritime businesses, maritime governmental agencies or research and development work.
- Can exert a critical understanding of the knowledge within the maritime fields.
- Can update knowledge already achieved and collect relevant research and developmental work.
- Can use the theories within a larger perspective.
- Masters relevant tools, techniques and forms of expression.
- General Qualifications:
- Have given the students insight in relevant issues within the maritime field.
- Is able to plan and execute similar projects.
- Is able to communicate the project, theories and results both in writing and orally.
The students should carry out this project in groups of 3 to 4 persons. They will receive guidance from relevant personnel. The assigned supervisor has to approve of the issue, which the project is directed against.
Practical information about the course:
The student has to have at least 100 credits in the study program approved before they can sign up for the bachelor project with completion in the Spring semester, and a minimum of 125 credits for completion in the Fall semester.
Recommended Previous Knowledge:
A project plan with a description of the theme, a schedule and a preliminary issue has to be approved by a supervisor/responsible person within a given date. Course in Academic Writing (will be specified in the beginning of the semester). Performance in plenary (will be specified in the beginning of the semester)
Course Examination Description:
|Component Name||Duration||Weight||Supporting Materials|
|Prosjektoppgave||2 semesters||100/100||All printed and written study aids may be used|
Subject's last update: 02/15/2017 09:42