Studiehåndbokas program for 2016/2017:
(Bokmål)Bachelor i ingeniørfag, maskin
The program goes over 3 years and gives a qualification for a Bachelor degree.
The program is adapted to the needs and challenges of tomorrow. With a basis in machine subjects, the specializations are directed towards maritime industry with subjects such as underwater technology, structural engineering, process engineering and distribution/use of natural gas.
Mechanical engineer with specialization in petroleum technology & marine construction
A candidate with completed qualifications should have the following total learning outcomes:
- has basic knowledge of design and/or production, materials and knowledge in the field of holistic system development and engineering design. The candidate has knowledge that contributes to the relevant specialization, width or depth.
- has basic knowledge in mathematics, natural science, relevant social science and economics and how these can be integrated into solutions in the field of safety research.
- knows the history and development in the field and the role of the engineer in society. The candidate knows the consequences of the development and the use of technology.
- knows the research and development tasks, relevant methodology and work methods in the field.
- can update his knowledge in the field, both through information gathering and through contact with professional environments and practice.
- can apply knowledge in mathematics, physics, chemistry and technological topics to formulate, specify, plan and solve technical problems in a founded systematical way.
- masters engineering design tasks and modeling simulation programs and can carry out solutions and systems.
- can identify, plan and execute projects, experiments and simulations, and analyze, interpret and use the resulting data, independently and in teamwork.
- can find, evaluate and utilize technical knowledge critically in the field, highlighting a problem, both written and orally.
- can contribute new ideas, innovation, quality management and entrepreneurship through the development and implementation of sustainable and socially beneficial products, systems and / or solutions.
- knows in connection with product and solutions the consequences on environment, health, society and economics in the field, remarking ethical and lifetime perspectives.
- can communicate knowledge in safety to various audiences both in writing and orally in English and can help to demonstrate the technology's importance and consequences.
- can reflect on her/his professional practice, as well as a team member and in an interdisciplinary context, adapting it to the current work.
- can contribute to the development of good practice through participation in professional discussions in the field and share her/his knowledge and experiences with others.
The different teaching methods consist of lectures, group work, field excursions and laboratory exercises.
R&D base: A research-based and analytically approach to the topics dominate the teaching of courses included in the study. This means that teaching should reflect a research approach to problems and academic themes. Employees in research should convey their knowledge to students, in terms of both research topics, theory and research methods. They will also guide students working on bachelor's theses. The students will learn to apply relevant research literature and use research-based knowledge in their work.
Practical information about the program:
Course content follows the National Curriculum provided by the Ministry of Education and Research. The three-year study, the model is divided into six semesters each of 30 credits, totally 180 credits. The program includes academic diversity of subjects ranging from 10 to 20 credits. After three years (180 credits) the candidate obtains the Bachelor of Engineering degree. In some of these courses prerequisites are necessary, whenever education is arranged so that the topics are based on each other during study.
The program isheaded by a Project Manager and each subject has its lecturer with academic responsibility. In some subjects there are allocated student assistants. In each grade level, students choose two representatives to interact directly with the Project Manager. In addition, two selected reference persons per. subject interact with the lecturer.
There are various teaching methods, lectures, problem solving in teams and problem-based learning are widely used. Preparing lessons is time consuming and it is expected that students are well prepared for the lectures.
Information and communication technology is integrated into teaching with Fronter and computer-based support systems as key tools in the scientific and educational work.
Teaching takes place primarily between the hours of 8:15 and 16:00, teaching in the afternoon may occur.
In the program there are several different types of assessment in the different courses. The assessment in one course can for example be in the form of a written exam, portfolio assessment, verbal exam, project or a home exam. A course can have one assessment or a combination of several such as for example written exam and a portfolio assessment. In a lot of the courses there are compulsory assignments. This is assignments that does not count to the grade, but must be approved for the student to be able to take the exam in the course.
Information about the assessments is stated in the course description and is presented by each course coordinator at start of the semester. For more information se Regulations governing studies and exams at HSH on the HSH webpage.
Completed preliminary course for engineering
|Fra semester||Tittel og kode||Ant.
|Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (UNITAR):|
|1st year Mechanical Engineering:|
|1||Kjemi og miljø||UNI1001||1||10|
|1||Analyse og lineær algebra||UNI1002||1||10|
|1||Innføring i ingeniørfaglig yrkesutøvelse og arbeidsmetoder||UNI1003||1||10|
|2||Rekker og funksjoner av flere variable||UNI1005||1||10|
|2||Materialer og tilvirkning||UNI1006||1||10|
|2nd year Mechanical Engineering:|
|3||Statikk og fasthetslære||UNI2001||1||10|
|3||Varme- og strømningslære||UNI2002||1||10|
|3||Statistikk og økonomi||UNI2003||1||10|
|4||Mechanical Design 1||UNI2004||1||10|
|4||Process Technology 1||UNI2005||1||10|
|4||Underwater Technology and Hydraulic Systems||UNI2006||1||10|
|3rd year Mechanical engineering:|
|5||Renewable Energy and Petroleum Production||UNI3001||1||10|
|5||Mechanical Design 2||UNI3002||1||10|
|5||Bachelor Thesis - Mechanical Engineering||UNI3005||1||20|
|5||Several Variables Analysis||UNI3003||1||10|
Program sist oppdatert: 15.02.2017, kl.: 09.43